Wednesday, October 19, 2011

does anybody really know what's going on...

Have you ever noticed how many times a mom asks a fellow mom for their opinion on a matter? Bedtimes, potty training, ditching the paci, weird rashes, temper tantrums...seriously I could go on for another paragraph!! But the funny thing that occurred to me yesterday was this: "do any of us really know what's going on?" Aren't we all just trying to do our best and what jives best with our kids? I read a facebook message from a friend with about 8 moms' opinions attatched to it about her trouble with bedtime. Well she got about 8 different ways to go about bedtime! I think she must be more stressed now because which one does she choose?!! I have felt like that so many times in my motherhood, do I listen to my mother? Do I listen to my childhood friend? Do I listen to the mom book I just read? Do I listen to my gut?!
We have such a large library of resources these days. We can get whatever we need at our fingertips through the internet. We can even diagnose our own children's sicknesses on WebMD! Who needs a pediatrician?? I just wonder if we have too many voices in our heads now. I find myself wanting to jump on facebook and ask advice or write stuff about my kids. I sometimes forget to go to God first. To pray and ask him what to do! Now don't get me wrong, I'm so glad we have the resources that we do! I just guess I sat there and giggled....does anybody really know what's going on?!
Now if you're looking for great insight into being a mom and amazing answers to life's hard questions you may want to find another blog to follow, but if you're looking to have a few laughs, celebrate our children and try to dance through motherhood with me then you're in the right spot! I just hope to bring some joy and cheer into some fellow moms' lives. I feel like so many times the Mommies get the joy sucked out of their day. We don't get soup and medicine brought to us in bed when we have the flu. We witness every temper tantrum and whining request. We clean up the throw up from the kids' flu...and maybe then ours from the sight of theirs!! But we also have the opportunity to see our children grow and learn and turn into amazing leaders of tomorrow...right in front of our eyes!! We truly are amazing moms! Have a blessed day and today let's try to laugh at something our child does that would normally send us into a tizzy!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment