Monday, September 17, 2012

it's the simple things

I was thinking today, as I dropped my kiddos off at preschool ONLY 5 minutes late, that we are so lucky. We, as moms, get to experience little simple joys every single day. When I was 21 and engaged I never would have gotten excited because the dishwasher was only half full when it ran last night therefore making my job short and sweet this morning. I never would have gotten excited about the bookshelf I re-organized still being in order two days after I finished that task (This is a monthly thing for me BTW-what part of tall to short and coloring books go 'here' do my 2 and 4 yr old not understand?! ;) ). I never would have gotten excited to find a shirt that A-fits, B-does NOT have spit-up stains on the shoulder and C- was actually HANGING in my closet!! That wasn't me today but that sure was "Hiliarie--mother of a 17 month old and 2 month old!" Yeah those were the good times! No, now I have matured to a place where only being five minutes late to preschool is a victory and a great way to kick off my Monday! (P.S. "Real" school next year for Eli is completely scaring me....you mean I have to have him up, dressed and at your school by 7:45?? Well we better stock up on cute PJs cause this kid will be rolling out of bed and into the car line!) Another example: I got excited today when I found two matching shoes for HesterGrace and suprise suprise they were actually the ones she wanted to wear!! She has decided she is a fashionista and should set her own wardrobe and style...nice try kid-you can't wear that because your pink cowgirl boots don't really jive with "The Little Mermaid" sundress and I saw you get that dress out of the dirty clothes basket...no I do not think your dance costume from last recital is appropriate for church or anywhere for that mattter...that Minnie Mouse shirt is a size 18 months, it's not suppose to show your belly button, it's suppose to meet your shorts, you're almost 3!! Ah the joys of having a little fashion designer in the house. Heck, maybe I should let her go with it-might end up on Project Runway one day!! And as I sit here in the den and realize after I finish this blog I will still have one whole hour to myself before I pick the kids up, I know that my life is truly all about little blessings!!


Yes, I feel sorry for that 21 year old me. Poor thing. She didn't have all the simple joys that I have now that I'm a mother of two. I pray my kids continue to teach me things each day and I can remember the little things are sometimes the greatest of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment